Thursday, August 16, 2012

Post Partum Mommy style Top ten items!

Well, since this IS a style blog, I thought I would share with you the things that I have found to be my saving graces for pulling my "look" together postpartum... I spend most of my day breastfeeding, so anything I wear has to have fast and easy access, and therefore I am pretty limited in what I have been able to put on... However, i will tell you the 10 things that have kept me feeling like myself in these dazed first few weeks of new life with baby...



1. Lululemon Groove Pant... Sucks me in, smooths me out, and still is stretchy and substantial enough to feel like a real pant. LOVE these... Have three pair, and am always trying to be sure to have at least one pair freshly clean...

2.  Le Mystere "Sexy Mama"lace nursing bras.... Wow these are beautiful AND functional for breastfeeding. LOVE them.

3. Stretch tunic tanks... Motherhood maternity & Recover are my favorites... Do I love these for pre, during, and post pregnancy- esp great if you are tall like me- they are long enough to cover your post partum booty...bonus!

4. Vneck tees in soft cotton... From ANYwhere

5. Big earrings... my rotation is heavy on Target earrings currently, but these are spendy ones from Anthropologie...

6. Kate Somerville Exfolikate... Because I have little time for my skin care routine, this makes me feel like I am really getting somewhere, and it is luxurious and tingles which I LOVE... My skin feels ALMOST as soft as my baby's when I use this...

7. Maya wrap... Everywhere I go, I bring this wrap. He loves it, goes right to sleep, and I get to have him SO close to me and still have two hands... I have brought it grocery shopping, for a long walk, to the dog park with the dogs, and for a downtown stroll... For the win, the Maya wrap, ROCKS... Love it!

8. Stila cheek and lip tint... stains your cheeks and lips a pretty color and hides the fact that you have little sleep and look a bit, well, ghostly.

9. Huge sunglasses- My aviators OR my tortoiseshells- both by AJ Morgan... LOVE...

10. After shower side braid- since I can only shower about every 3 days, and I have NO idea when he is going to start squawking for another feed, I shower and then pull my look together as QUICKLY as possible... Hence the side braid... I brush my hair, put a little smoothing serum in it, and then braid it as neatly as possible... Then I let it dry (usually overnight) and when I take it out, it is in thick luxurious shiny waves.... Effortless and chic... :)

And there you have it! Take care of yourself AND your baby... This is as good as I can do at this point in time...

XOXOX, 
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment